Tuesday 25 June 2013

The Taung Project, an open research

This post is to share the presentation I did in Catania (Sicily), during the ArcheoFOSS 2013. The topic is the Taung Project, analyzed from a free and open source point of view. This experience, in fact, has been a perfect pilot project of "open research", developed with open tools and sharing at the same time knowledge and data.
I will not dwell any further on the topic of the presentation in this post, being this subject described in the video below...




... I will just report some technical data. 
 First of all (in alphabetic order), the authors of the presentation, which are not mentioned in the video (sorry, I forgot it...): Alessandro Bezzi (Arc-Team), Luca Bezzi (Arc-Team), Nicola Carrara (Anthropological Museum of Padua University), Cicero Moraes (Arc-Team/Blender Brazil), Moreno Tiziani (Antrocom Onlus).
Secondary, the software I used for the slides, which is the object of most of the questions I have been asked after the presentation :). Well, this program is called impress.js and it is released under the MIT and GPL licenses. Here you can see an example of what you can do with this tool and here is the source code.
That's all for now. I hope that the discussion about the concept of "open research" will go on with new contributes... Stay tuned :).

2 comments:

  1. A very complete presentation! My compliments Luca. Above all, I liked the perspective on the future of this project and of the projects that will come from it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Moreno,
    let's hope to have good news from Nicola about the exhibition :)

    ReplyDelete

BlogItalia - La directory italiana dei blog Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.