Wednesday 29 February 2012

gvSIG 3D

Today I tried to play a little with gvSIG 3D and I have to say that it is really a good extension for this GIS. We should insert it in the next gvSIG package for ArcheOS Theodoric! 
Anyway we have to go on with new test to explore all the different possibilities of this kind of tools in archaeology; by now I just imported a 3D model I did in Blender for the excavation of S. Andrea's church in Storo (Italy, TN), like you can see in the picture below.



To import the model I used an .obj file, which I exported directly from blender. Next time I want to try to import a mesh from some SfM data...

No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogItalia - La directory italiana dei blog Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.